Penguin Chillers 1/2 HP Water Chiller
☎️ Questions? Call us at 888-963-9454
✔️ Authorized Penguin Chillers Dealer
💰 Lowest Price Online Guaranteed
📦 FREE Shipping (48 States): Delivery in 4-6 weeks
🔒 1 Year Product Warranty / 🇺🇸 Made in the USA
Current Lead Time: 4-6 Weeks (we are actively working to reduce the lead time - thanks for your patience!)
***If you're going to use this chiller for cold therapy, please note this is a DIY setup. You'll need your own pump, filter, and tubing.***
We don't have an official recommendation for a pump yet but the ones that look to have the most potential are:
- Lifeguard Aquatics - Quiet One Pro Series 4000, Quiet One Pro Series 5000, or Quiet One Pro Series 6000.
- Iwaki MD-20RLXT, MD-30RLXT, or MD-40RLXT
Please be aware that since none of these are our official recommendation, if the pump somehow damages the chiller or fails to work in any way, we take no responsibility - this is a proceed at your own risk type of thing.
- 5,000 BTU/hr
- Comes with digital controller for monitoring and regulating temperature
- As low as 37 °F / ~40°F in summer heat
- For tubs up to 150 gallons
- 1″ NPT inlet/outlet ports (female threaded PVC)
- Titanium Heat Exchanger = Reef Tank Safe
- Recommended operating range ~40°F to ~100°F
- 56 dBA
- 6′ Power Cord
- 110 – 120 Volts / 3.9 Amps / 450 Watts
- 16.25”W x 14.75”D x 12”H
- 39 Pounds
- 1 Year Product Warranty
- Proudly made in the USA
Our 1/2 HP Water Chiller comes with a titanium heat exchanger. A titanium heat exchanger keeps copper from coming into contact with your water. Because toxic levels of copper can build up in water being used for long periods of time, copper heat exchangers aren’t recommended for use in a closed loop aquarium setup. The use of titanium = Reef Tank Safe!
Pump Recommendation for Reef Tanks
- Pump: Danner Mag-drive 500gph – 1800gph. Other pumps may be acceptable, however they need to be rated for less than 10psi max pressure. If you’re using a different pool/spa pump or any other pump rated in horsepower please talk with our tech support first. There is typically a simple work around that allows our chillers to provide cooling to systems which operate at higher pressures. We would be more than happy to help you determine the best method of installation for your system. Be sure and visit our “Accessories” web page to view our selection of pumps and accessory packages available.